Grand Master Kim
Grand Master Bermas Kim has studied Hapkido for more than fourty seven years and has attained the ranking of 9th Dan, Black Belt. Making him the highest ranked Hapkido Master teaching in Australia.
He has instructed the military, worked as a bodyguard to South Korean V.I.Ps and judged at International Hapkido Competitions.
Grand Master Kim is highly proficient with small arms and many traditional weapons including cane, staff, fan and sword.
Founder – World Hapkido Group
Founder – Hapkido International Association(HIA)
Grand Master Kim is responsible for overseeing the World Hapkido Group around the world and is always happy to speak with any owners who are interested in join the World Hapkido Group family. He can be contacted either via email firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone on: Australia: +61 403 405 077
1998 – Grand Master of Hapkido
2003 – 9th Dan Black Belt, awarded by International Hapkido Federation
PERSONAL RESUME OF EXPERIENCE:
- 1979-1981 – Instructor at Moo Moo Kwan Hapkido School, Seoul
- 1980-1981 – Martial Arts Instructor to units of U.S Army Air Force
- 1982-1984 – Martial Arts Instructor to South Korean Marine Special Forces.
- 1985-1987 – Korean National Hapkido Demonstration Team 1st Member.
- 1987-1988 – Bodyguard to Mr Kim Young Sam, President of South Korea
- 1988-1990 – Script Writer and stunt coordinator for KBS Television, Seoul.
- 1990 – Captain of Korean Hapkido Demonstration Team for tour of Canada.
- 1991 – Captain of Korean Hapkido Demonstration Team for tour of the U.S.A.
- 1991 – Established The Tasmanian Hapkido Academy in Australia.
- 1994 (June) – Judged at the World Hapkido Championships in Seoul, South Korea.
- 1991 to 2000 – Chief Instructor, Tasmanian Hapkido Academy in Launceston, Devonport, St. Helens & Scottsdale.
- 2000 (January) – Founded Hapkido International (Association), encompassing schools in Tasmania, Victoria, NSW, Queensland and South Korea
- 2004 (January) – Led HIA Demonstration Team on 1st place winning tour to Hapkido Comp in South Korea
- 2005 (August) – Led HIA Demonstration Team on tour of South Korea. Won 1st place in Dongdaemungu Hapkido Championship.
- 2006 (July) – Hosted first International Hapkido Competiton ever held in Australia. The HIA Hapkido World Championship, Gold Coast Queensland, 28 July 2006.
- 2008 (June) – Led HIA Demonstration Team to compete at the HIA Hapkido World Championship in Seoul, Korea. Won 1st Place.
- 2012 (April) – Hosted Australian National Championships in Brisbane, Queensland
- 2013 (May) – Founded World Hapkido Group